Eligibility for admission to B.Sc.(Honours)(Agriculture)


Minimum Age: The age of the candidate should be 16 years as on last date of submission of application form.

Aggregate marks: Candidates must have passed the qualifying examination (12th Std. Science) with minimum 50% marks for General category (Open) and minimum 40% marks in aggregate for reserved categories (SC/ST/VJa/NTb /NTc /NTd / OBC / SBC).

Qualifying Examination:

  1. XII Std. (Science) passed in 10+2 pattern from Maharashtra State Boardof Higher Secondary Education or an equivalent Examination, with PCB or

    PCMB or PCM or Inter (Agriculture) and passed with English.

  2. Those who have not offered Biology or Mathematics shall have to complete deficiency courses as prescribed by respective University.
  3. Common Entrance Examination i.e. MHT-CET/JEE/NEET/AIEEA-UGorganized by competent authority during year 2018-19 in PCB or PCM subject.

Instructions to Candidates:


The candidates are required to read the prospectus and application form carefully before filling the application form.


  1. Each applicant is required to fill in only one application form ONLINE which is available on the website maha-agriadmission.in, a copy of which is also available for perusal on website www.mcaer.org as Appendix ‘B’ of this Prospectus.
  2. Candidate has the option to select his ‘Application Receipt Center’ (ARC) from these cities viz. Pune / Aurangabad / Nagpur / Amravati / Ahmednagar /Jalgaon / Kolhapur / Akluj (Dist. Solapur) / Kudal (Dist.Sindhudurg) /Dapoli (Dist. Ratnagiri).
    1. The candidate shall take a printout of duly filled in ONLINE application form.
    2. The printout shall be sign by the candidate.
    3. Mode of Payment- Deposit fees by challan in State Bank of India branch or through Net banking or attach Demand Draft to the application form, payable to the ‘Financial Advisor, MCAER, Pune at Pune. Attach Xerox copy of challan if amount deposited by challan.
    4. Fees for open Candidate is Rs. 600/- and for Reserved Category Rs.300/-.
  3. Candidate shall send the printout of his duly signed Application form with recent passport size photograph along with attested copies of relevant documents by Post or by Courier Service to ANY ONE of the above KTPL ‘s ARC locations.
  4. All candidates including those belonging to reserved category from States other than Maharashtra shall pay Rs.600/- and send their application along with all the necessary documents to Pune by RPAD.
  5. In case any candidate fills more application forms, the latest filled in and complete application form in all respect will be considered.


The candidates shall enclose the following duly attested photo copies (not original) along with application.

(a) Mark sheet /Grade card of qualifying examination as well as mark sheet of Common Entrance Test.
(b) (i) School / College (Last attended Examination passed) Leaving certificate or if the candidate has been admitted into some other course (except agriculture universities in Maharashtra) then Bonafide Certificate from that particular college.
(ii) The candidate admitted in last academic year in any Agricultural University in Maharashtra if again applies to seek the admission for the current academic year for the First Year Degree Course then the “Bonafide Certificate‟ issued from the last attended respective College/Institute will be considered.
(iii) Bonafide Certificate in case of candidate seeking admission in by ICAR quota.
(iv) If the candidates from other States (out of Maharashtra) are unable to provide the College Leaving Certificate then in such a cases provide the Migration Certificate from that particular college/University.                         (v) If such a candidate is given admission then it shall be necessary for him / her to submit the College Leaving Certificate within three months. If the said certificate is not submitted within the stipulated period then his / her provisional admission is liable to get cancelled.
(vi) Last attended College / School leaving Certificates in case of Candidate passed in 12th std. by filling form No.17.

(c) (i) Domicile Certificate of the candidate issued by competent authority from Maharashtra State or College / School Leaving Certificate or Birth Certificate issued by competent authority of Maharashtra State mentioning the birth place from Maharashtra State.
(ii) Domicile Certificate / Residential certificate / Residential and Birth certificate of the candidate from other State issued by competent authority of their respective State.
(d) (i) 7/12 extract/Khasara (Village form of Record of Rights) for the year 2016-17 or 2017-18 issued by the Talathi/Patwari. The name/s of candidate/his parents / Grandparents should appear on such 7/12 Extract / khasara.
(ii) In case parents are not alive, the 7/12 extract should be in the name of family head and the candidate should have an Affidavit of family head on Stamp Paper of Rs.100/- (Hundred only) of the agricultural land holder stating that the applicant has legitimate share in the agricultural land.
(iii) In case the extract is not in Marathi/Hindi or English, a certified true translation shall be uploaded.
(iv) In case the mother of an applicant holds ancestral Agricultural land and candidate submits an Affidavit of her father on Stamp Paper of Rs.100/- (Hundred only) stating that ancestral land exist in her name and upload copy of 7/12 extract thereof, the weightage of 12 points will be admissible
to the candidate.
(v) The applicants are advised to keep sufficient photo copies of 7/12 extract / khasara with them at the time of admission.
(vi) It is mandatory for the candidate to file an affidavit in case his/her name appearing on mark sheet and certificate of 12th std. is different from mentioned on 7/12 extract/khasara.
(e) If candidate‟s parents are landless agriculture labours, the Certificate issued by the Tahsildar/Naib Tahsildar stating that the principle means of livelihood of parents is as farm labour wages (This certificate should not be in the name of applicant). „Agriculturist‟ (AG) category will not be given to Landless Agricultural Labour. Proforma of this certificate is at Appendix “B‟.

(f) (i) Certificate of Agriculturist issued by the Tahsildar or Naib Tahsildar for the year 2016-17 or 2017-18. The format of this certificate has been attached at Appendix “C‟. It is necessary to mention in the certificate that the candidate or his / her parents or tenants grandmother / grandfather (father‟s parents) are farmland owners or farmers the (those cultivating the land) and the main source of income for that family is the income generated from cultivating this land or certificate issued by the Tahsildar or Naib Tahsildar in the prescribed format available with them.

(ii) In case of Fisherman, a Certificate issued by concerned Tahsildar/Naib Tahsildar / Port Officerú stating that the main source of income of candidate‟s parents is from fishing only.

(g) With reference to the order given by Hon‟ble Supreme court Civil appeal No. 11234-48/2017, candidates from SC, ST, VJ(a), NT(b), NT(c), NT(d), Other backward class (OBC) and Special Backward Category (SBC) should provide Caste validity certificate.

(h) VJ(a), NT(b), NT(c), NT(d), Other backward class (OBC) and Special Backward Category (SBC) should provide „Non-Creamy Layer‟ Certificate issued by a competent authority on 1 April, 2018 or issued after that date  or valid till the day the application is submitted.

(i) Certificate of „Project Affected Person‟ by the District Resettlement Officer or an officer authorized by the Government of Maharashtra (if authorized then with the letter about the authorization from a competent authority) stating that the candidate / candidate‟s parents/grand parents is project-affected and the farmland of their parents or grandfather has been acquired by Agricultural Universities / Irrigation / Electricity / Defence Projects of Maharashtra. It is necessary that the name of the person who should get the benefits of the concessions should be clearly mentioned on the certificate issued by the competent authority.

(j) N.C.C. “B‟ or “C‟ / Air / Naval /Army wing Certificate issued by the Commandant.

(k) (i) Certificate of Games/Sports/Debate / Essay/ Elocution issued by the District Sports Officer that the applicant has represented the Institute in XIth and / or XIIth Std. in District, State, National, International level tournaments.

(ii) In case of students of Navodaya Vidyalaya, certificate signed jointly by the District Sports Officer and District Collector and issued on behalf of the ‘School Game Federation of India (SGFI)’.

Note: If found that the mark sheet of 12th Std. is inclusive of sports marks,  avoid the additional benefits of weightages/marks, the uploaded certificate of such sport will not be considered.

(iii) Certificate issued by the Association of Sports will not be considered.

(l) Certificate of „Freedom Fighter‟ signed by the Hon. Prime Minister / Chief Minister, Maharashtra State stating that the mother / father of the applicant is a Freedom Fighter. Son / daughter of the Freedom Fighter or   their son / daughter shall get the benefit of this certificate. An affidavit with on Rs. 100/- stamp paper covering the following points should be given by  the freedom fighter or if the freedom fighter is no longer alive by the husband / wife of the freedom fighter. (1) The candidate is the son‟s/daughter‟s son/daughter of the freedom fighter. (2) The freedom fighter has not availed this concession for any of his / her relatives earlier, and after using it now, shall not do so in the future. If there are any doubts, complaints, difficulties regarding the above mentioned points, please refer the prevailing government resolution for clarification.

(m) N.S.S. Certificate issued by the Competent Authority.

(n) If candidate‟s father is defence personnel, Defence Personnel Certificate from Zilla Sainik Board or Discharge Certificate from Commanding Officer of the regiment or Serviceman Certificate in prescribed format.

(o) “No-Objection Certificate‟ from the Employer in case of in-service Candidate.

(p) If applicant‟s parent is an employee of MCAER / State Agricultural University including retired, deceased employee, Employer‟s Certificate issued by Controlling Officer/Head of the office.

(q) Migrant/Displaced students from Jammu and Kashmir State should upload Certificate on website from the Competent Authority as mentioned in Government Resolution, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Dairy Development and Fisheries Department, No. AGU-2095/23106/CR-181/19-A, dated: 5-9-1996, a copy of which is available at Appendix “D‟. Mere Affidavit regarding displacement will not be entertained.

(r) Candidates applying through the Physically-disabled category should submit the Certificate of Physically Handicapped issued by the competent authority (District Civil Surgeon or equivalent Government Hospital / Medical Board designated in behalf).

(s) The candidate willing to take admission from orphaned category are required to submit Orphaned certificate issued from Commissioner, Women and Child Development on his/her letter head with the signature of Deputy Commissioner (Child Development), Pune/ Commissioner, Women and Child Development, Pune.

(t) Religious/Linguistic certificate issued by competent authority for minority candidates.